Dr Daniel Mehanna is a General Surgeon and Gastrointestinal Endoscopist with a special interest in laparoscopic, gallbladder, hernia and colorectal surgery.
Born and educated in Australia, Dr Mehanna obtained his medical degree from the University of New South Wales and trained in various hospitals including Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney.
After completion of his General Surgical Training in Australia he worked in Scotland for his fellowship year in Colorectal Surgery before settling in Queensland.
He is a member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and is accredited by the Gastrointestinal Society of Australia (GESA) for both upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. He is also a member of the Academy of Surgical Educators.
Dr Mehanna has a keen interest in teaching and education and has been appointed a Senior Lecturer (University of Queensland). He is also the Director of Clinical Training at Caboolture Public Hospital and trains and supervises trainee surgeons from the Australasian College of Surgeons.
The scope of procedures he undertakes at Caboolture Private Hospital include:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Hernias (open and laparoscopic) : Inguinal, femoral, incisional, umbilical
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy and banding
- Haemorrhoid surgery: Haemorrhoidal artery ligation (HALRAR), traditional haemorrhoidectomy and banding and injection
- Circumcision, vasectomy, hydrocelle, varicocele
- Skin lesions, skin grafts and “lumps and bumps” and lymph node biopsies
- Carpal Tunnel decompression
Dr Mehanna prides himself on delivering a professional yet personable service to which his patients can relate. For urgent consultations or friendly advice Daniel is happy to be contacted on 0423 671 296.