Dr Archna Saraswat is the founder and Director of Northside Gynaecology. She has a wide scope of experience having worked and trained in leading tertiary facilities overseas. After arriving in Australia in 2004, she began her journey at the Royal Women’s Melbourne, Mater Mothers Hospital, South Brisbane and Royal Brisbane Women’s Hospital acquiring her Fellowship of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. She then worked as a staff specialist in Queensland Health before starting her own practice, Northside Gynaecology in 2012.
She keeps herself up to date with the latest in gynaecology by attending conferences and workshops. She can expertly manage gynaecological issues and also runs a Pelvic Health clinic for women with urinary incontinence and vaginal prolapse requiring Urodynamics and surgery with tension free sub urethral tape or pelvic reconstruction.
Outside of work, Archna loves the outdoors, spending her free time with her husband, two children and their Labrador.
Expertise & Special Interests
- Laparoscopic Surgery including Single Cut Laparoscopy
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Management of Abnormal Pap Smears requiring Colposcopy and LLETZ procedure
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding with Endometrial Ablation Procedures (NovaSure ®/Thermablate EAS™)
- Special expertise in the area of contraception both permanent and temporary
- IUD insertion and removal- including Mirena
- Urinary Incontinence
- MonaLisa Touch™ – Vaginal Laser Treatment ( Kedron location )
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Painful Periods
- Abnormal Periods
- Treatment of vulval disorders including Vulvoscopy
- Royal Australian and new Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG)
- Member of the Australian Gynaecological Endoscopy Society (A.G.E.S.)
- Member of the Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Member of the Australasian Menopause Society (AMS)
Archna enjoys teaching and is regularly involved in training and lecture programs as well as GP training sessions. She is actively involved in conference and workshops keeping herself abreast with the latest techniques.
She consults at Caboolture Private Hospital on Wednesdays.