Dr Anil Sharma graduated from Medical School in 1988, completed his Post-Graduate training in Ophthalmology in 1994 and advanced eye training at Sydney Eye Hospital in 2000 and the Royal Adelaide Hospital in 2001.
He is a Senior Lecturer in Ophthalmology with the University of Queensland (UQ) and is actively involved with Qld RANZCO, AMA Qld and in the teaching program of medical students and supervises Registrars / PHO at Royal Brisbane Hospital and Caloundra Public.
Central Lakes Eye Clinic which opened in April 2015 is a comprehensive specialist medical practice equipped with state of the art equipment and technology including:
- Total Care paperless EMR
- IOL Master Series 700 with Calisto
- Atlas 9000 Corneal Topographer
- Visuref Autorefractometer
- Cirrus 5000 HD – OCT
- Visucam 500 + Macula Pigment Densitometer
- Visual Fields HFA 860
- Forum Software Package
- Lumenis Retinal & Yag laser
This enables full comprehensive assessment of all major diseases and disorders of the eye in a brand new, modern, purpose built medical practice.
Dr Sharma will be admitting patients requiring surgery into the Day Procedure Unit at Caboolture Private Hospital where they will have access to the new, top of the range Alcon Centurion Phaco Machine (Cataract surgery) and Zeiss Callisto Eye-Lumera 700 microscope and newly acquired Alcon constellation Vitreo-Retinal unit, with laser capability. (Vitreoretinal procedures like Epiretinal membrane peel, macular hole, vitreous haemorrhage, retinal detachment).
Dr Sharma and Caboolture Private Hospital have collaborated to make a significant investment for Caboolture, Moreton Bay & Hinterland communities to provide this convenient, comprehensive assessment and treatment service.
The procedures that patients may undertaken include:
- Cataract surgery
- Vitrectomy + Scleral buckle (detachment + vitrectomy)
- Cat + iStent surgery for Glaucoma (micro incision Glaucoma Surgery)
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Pterygium removal
- Eyelid procedures (Ectropion & Entropion) BCC excision
- Intra-ocular injections (intravitreal injections for macular degeneration), diabetes and other medical retinal disorders
- YAG, S.L.T. and Retinal laser procedure